- First and foremost, pick a hike that’s been rated by others as a “family friendly” / “easy to moderate” hike (depending on skill level of everyone and fitness). And if you’re looking at hikes in the Adorondacks, consider that their scale of what’s “easy” will be verrrrrrry skewed. Ha! 😬 But they still did it, smiling the whole way. 👍🏻👌🏻
- Carry lots of snacks
- Also carry their water
- Pack and carry sack lunches for the top (extra motivation to get to the top)
- Bring treats and a water dish for the pup (and consider the pup when packing the water – always bring more than you think you’ll need)
- Take plenty of breaks – even initiate them yourselves when you see that they could use one. Don’t have them feeling guilty about needing to take a break – you don’t want anyone getting hurt and the goal is for everyone to enjoy this time together, especially the ones who hike less often.
- Give only encouragement
- Annnnnd for a little extra friendly competition… 🙂 feed Grammy and Grandpa’s fear that their 2yr old Grandson might make it to the top before they do. 😉
Now get your fam bam out for a good hike too!!! Fresh air and a little heavy breathing is good for everyone! 👍🏻👍🏻👌🏻👌🏻🎉🎉
>> SUBSCRIBE to this blog to get notifications of when new blogs get posted!
>> SHARE this post with a friend that you think might benefit from these tips!!
>> FOLLOW our adventures and additional tips on Instagram and Facebook as well!
>> VISIT the Shop for highly recommended gear to help you more easily be the Active Parent you want to be!