There’s nothing like breaking up the week with fun times, good food, and goooooood people!!! A friend threw a little backyard potluck BBQ dinner last night, yes on a workday Wednesday, and it was soooo nice. Potlucks make it easier on EVERYONE (for sure!) and beautiful weather makes it, well, just perfect. ☀️👌🏻
Take advantage of the changing seasons and get some mid-week evening fun onto your calendars today!!!!!!! 👍🏻
And here’s the recipe for this super yummy cous cous salad – which I just threw together quickly with ingredients already in the house! 👊🏻👍🏻👌🏻🎉
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 7 min
Cool time: 2+ hours
- Cous cous (3 cups)
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes (and keep about half a can of the juice)
- 1 can corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 avocado
- 4-5 mini cucumbers
- 1 package of feta cheese
- Garlic powder
- Lemon pepper
- Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel seasoning
- Trader Joe’s Ginger Soy Vinaigrette
- Balsamic vinegar
- A lemon
- Make the couscous according to the directions on the package
- While it’s cooking, cut the stewed tomatoes into small chunks (save about 1/2 a can of the juice)
- Once the couscous is ready, add the tomatoes and juice in and stir the mixture
- Add the black beans
- Add the corn
- Cut the mini cucumbers into nickel-width slices, and then cut those slices in half, and add to the mixture
- Add some garlic powder, everything but the bagel seasoning, and lemon pepper (all to taste) and mix it up
- Add about 3 tablespoons of the soy ginger vinaigrette, and 3 tablespoons of the balsamic vinegar, and mix it up. Add more to taste if desired. (If you don’t have those particular ingredients, I expect that any sort of Italian dressing would be yummy as well!)
- Squeeze some lemon on top, again, to taste.
- Mix well with salad tongs to try to keep it light and fluffy
- Cut a whole avocado into small cubes and throw it on top of the mixture.
- Put the entire bowl in the fridge to let it cool down. I left mine uncovered in the fridge, so as to try to dry the mixture just a bit more
- When you’re ready to serve it, throw the feta cheese on top, and makes everything in!
If you end up making this recipe, let me know in the comments below what you think!
And share any other variations on it that you would recommend! 👍🏻🎉
Subscribe to this blog to get notifications of when new blogs get posted!
Share this post with a friend that you think might benefit from these tips!!
Follow our adventures and additional tips on Instagram and Facebook as well!
Visit the Shop for recommended Active Parent gear!